Monday, April 19, 2010

What A Weekend!

That word says it all. This weekend wasn't anything that I would have planned:o) I told you guys that the kids had some allergy issues. Well that was just the beginning of all the unplanned events:o) My Saturday morning started at 5:45 a.m. I was pumped and ready for some treasure hunting. I was exhausted, but I wasn't about to miss out on some super neighborhood sales. I got my shower, got dressed and got out the door by 6:25. I got my cash b/c I didn't have a chance to get any Friday night, and hit the first sale of the morning. It was a dud. She was overpriced, so I made my way back to the van. I tried opening the door and it wouldn't open....the van was still running....not good. I always leave the keys in the van and keep it running for a quick get away...By this time it's 6:45 a.m. I called the hubs and ask him to call a neighbor to bring me the keys b/c I had BOTH car seats in the van with me:o/. Well, he couldn't get in touch with anyone, so he had to bring the keys to me...Yes, HE brought them to me. When he arrived, my kids were covered in dried snot, no shoes, and E had no pants on:o) I felt sorry for the hubs. Before it was all said and done, I was driving the CAR with both kids in the back seat, hitting the sales hard. You would have thought my last name was Clampet after the morning was done:o) Here are some of my treasures:
 Mirror for my half bath:$5
Pics for S.R. room, $4 for the pair. The Metal wall hanging in the background $3.
Chuckle sign(for my sis):$2, Mirror hanging:$3, Platter set:$3, Topiaries $2 for the pair
Smocked jumpers for S.R. $7 each. I also got her some sweet dresses, one of which was a Strasburg for $4!
Crazy looking cat: $1
My First Leap Pad with 4 extra books:$5. This is going to be S.R.'s for Christmas.
Fruit Pic. $3
Set of speakers: FREE! Going to turn these into end tables.
I loved the details. They are made out of some really good wood. Just have to finish gutting them. Off course they won't be this color when I finish with them:o)
This was the tag on top of the speakers:o)
I got a baker's rack for $5 as well, I just didn't get a pic of it. I'll post pics of my treasures in their new homes tomorrow.
 A lady at church brought me a chair that is GAW-JUS! I think she found on the side of the road. It needs some TLC, and I am more than happy to oblige! Thanks SYD! I'll post pics of it tomorrow. 
So even though the morning started out rough, I ended up having a successful treasure hunt with snotty babies in tow:o)

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

ahahaha! oh, i can so put myself in your shoes! :) Glad the treasure hunting went well - you scored big with several of those finds! um, the cat...... really?!