Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some Fun Gift Ideas

I know that I said that I was taking a break from blogging this week...I really am.  I had a few moments of not doing anything, so I thought I would share with you guys what I made yesterday for the Homemakers group that I am involved with.
I had to do a presentation about Homemade Beauty products at our monthly meeting last night, and I decided to make a few of the things to hand out to the ladies.
The first thing I made was a Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub.
Here are the ingredients

 2 1/2 cups sugar, 
1/2 cup sweet almond oil, 
4 teaspoons lemon juice,              
 4 Tablespoons honey,
 4 drops lemon essential oil  
Directions: To make the sugar scrub, combine the sugar and sweet almond oil in a large 
bowl and stir well to combine. Add the lemon juice and stir again. Finally, add the honey 
and lemon essential oil and stir again to mix. 

Store in an air tight container.
Another Homemade Beauty product I made was Aloe Vera Lip Balm
This was so simple to make.
I found the little heart containers in the wedding section at the Dollar Tree, and they were half off. I was able to get 20 hearts for $2.50.
Here are the ingredients:
  1 tsp. Aloe Vera gel, 
1/2 tsp. coconut oil, 
1 tsp. petroleum jelly  
Directions: Combine the ingredients in a small glass bowl until well mixed. Heat for 
about 1 minute in the microwave. Make sure to cover the bowl with a paper towel. 
I obviously made this recipe much larger since I was making for 20.
 It should look like this once heated.

Stir and pour into a small container. (I used a dropper from the drug store to pour it into the container.) Let cool completely before use. 
Super simple, all natural recipes for home beauty care. Fun, right?
For more homemade beauty recipes, you can visit THIS link.

1 comments:

DANA said... Best Blogger Tips

Voting started tonight! Remember, you are one of finalists for Best of March 2011 at Saturday Mornings! Congrats again, there were over 700 entries! Here is the link to the voting area, and be sure to grab your button on the right sidebar at the very bottom to display here and drive your readers to vote! Good luck!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/03/voting-for-best-of-march-2011-here.html