Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

It's official. I am the mother of a kindergartner. It was a great day for my little guy. He has a fantastic teacher, he knew 6 kids in his class, and he got to do all sorts of fun things that only kindergartners get to do. He was all smiles when I picked him up today, and that made my heart swell because just a few hours prior, I was doing my best to hold it together. Where has the time gone? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was holding a little lump in my arms...and now look at him..all grown up, at least according to him:o)
 We had a little fun yesterday taking some back to school photos. Usually it's a nightmare trying to take shots of the kids. They are always little pills when it comes time to take pictures. You'd never guess it by looking at these shots...
 Mini marshmallows will work wonders on 4 and 5 year olds:o)
They behaved wonderfully when I started popping them in their mouths. 
After we got some serious shots, we started goofing off....love this shot..this book came from the hub's grandfather's farm. I thought it was perfect for this type of photo shoot:o)


 Oh yes, he's really in his element now...Oh, how I love this stinker:o)

I'm so proud of this kid, and I pray every chance I think to, that he will be a strong leader and Christian example to all of those around him.
I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with this child.

2 comments:

Deanna said... Best Blogger Tips

Adorable! My fav is the next to last. :) My kindergartener goes tomorrow for her first day...being my last I'm not sure how well I'll hold it together!

Krystole said... Best Blogger Tips

Love all the photos! Way cute! :)