Monday, March 4, 2013

Fairy Tea Party

We celebrated S.R's birthday over the weekend in fun fairy fashion.
All of the girls seemed to have a fabulous time with the fairy jewel hunt, the impromptu dance party and the goodies to snack on.
Everything came together like it always does...at the last minute when I feel as if I will collapse at any second:o)
 
The invitations.
pardon the white-outs...we all like just a tad bit of privacy:o) 
I usually email invitations, but this time I decided to print the invitations and mail them. 
I thought the fairy digital clip art was adorable.

All of the girls were to come dressed in their "fairy best". S.R. wanted me to make her a Queen Clarion costume. I used the Charlotte Apron dress as my base and built on top of that. It was a pretty quick sew, even with all of the extra details. 
And yes, that is snow falling in the background...it very rarely snows here, so we had to grab a quick shot outside. S.R. was a trooper, though, because she was freezing:o)
We kept the food simple for this party. Homemade vanilla cupcakes, homemade chocolate doughnuts, meringue cookies from Publix and Strawberry Lemonade.
The little fairy cupcake toppers came from Marshall's...a clearance score.
  The girls used these bags to gather their fairy treasure.
I'll share a tutorial on that soon.
Nothing says spring time and fairies like fresh flowers...especially tulips!
I'm so glad I caught this shot. Apparently "Happy Birthday" is one of the funniest songs ever:o)
This was the party favor table.


When it was time for the girls to leave, they took home one of these yogurt cups filled with bubble gum and a star lollipop. That idea came from the House of Smith's. That party was beautiful, and it definitely inspired several of the choices for this party!!
I also made this little outfit for her to wear under her fairy costume. You can find the tutorial on how to make the hopscotch skirt here.

We had a wonderful time celebrating turning 5! Thanks for stopping by today!




0 comments: