Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Decor 2014

This year I decided to do things a little different when it came to decorating for Christmas. Not only did I change the color scheme, but I didn't put nearly as much out.
Mainly because I am lazy. 
I have found that with homeschooling, I just don't have the time to do what I used to do. My priorities have changed drastically, and the things I used to think were important, aren't as important now.
 So we have the main tree in the living room, and the kids have their trees in the bedrooms.
The hubs wanted some color on the Christmas tree this year, and color he got.
This is definitely much different from our tree in the past.
Our Home in 2012

And now our tree in 2014.

 I really like it. It's fun, and cheerful. 
It sort of reminds me of Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss. 
We had a little red from last year, so all I needed to do was add a little turquoise.
We have had so many compliments on our tree.

I made this wreath two years ago, and have slowly added more items to it. Last year, I had it on the front door. I didn't want to spend any more money on Christmas decor, but I needed something on the mantel, so I moved the wreath inside. I think it finishes off the whole look. 
I didn't do any greenery on the mantel this year because it felt a little cluttered. 


I did a little decorating to the front entry table, but again, it's very minimal.
 We have been doing a Christmas craft a day in December, and the kids made stained glass ornaments the other day. I found this craft kit in the clearance section at Target after Christmas last year. They had fun making them, and I think they turned out beautiful.
We are focusing on service projects for the month of December. We are going to be sewing and baking, and visiting. 
The kids are really excited about all of it.

In my next post, I'll share what our sneaky elf, Snarf, has been up to.
Thanks for stopping by!

Participating in:

0 comments: